I hope everyone is having a good week. Over the weekend I was thinking about work when I suddenly realised that I have been a member of the Adjustment League for almost two years now. What two years it has been, it’s been challenging, interesting but mostly fun. I have learnt a lot about myself, the team and adjustment and massage therapy. Today I would like to share with you five things that I have learnt from my time at Aligned Health, so far….
1. Tea Making: With most members of the team its completely reasonable to ask them if they want tea before you make it for them. However, in the case of Helen and Andy, whenever they enter the building it is best to immediately put the kettle on. If you leave either of them too long without a cuppa, you better be prepared to have some very loud comments made about how they do not have tea yet.
2. Leave plenty of time for photos: At Aligned Health we love to celebrate. Whether it’s a patient’s birthday, a promotion within the team or a national event, we love to mark it! Celebrations in the clinic also come hand in hand with photography and our resident photographer Abi. If you have ever had the pleasure of being photographed by Abi you will know the lighting has to be perfect. As a result, it can sometimes take up to 10 minutes to take a celebratory picture. Whenever I am in clinic, I have to account for photography time when I am organising my day.
3. Vicki is basically an excited puppy: If you have not meant Vicki, a member of my CA team yet, then you are in for a treat. She has so much energy and is easily excited. Don’t get me wrong, the energy is great, and she is very funny, but she has almost too much energy if you are on the 8am shift with her. Bless him but I think Angus is still trying to get used to her energy levels and he has been with us other a month now. Basically, with Vicki it is best to warn her at the start of her shift if either your energy levels do not meet hers or if something potentially exciting is going to happen.
4. Chiro/Osteo has a wider range than you think: When I first started at Aligned Health, I knew almost nothing about Chiropractic and Osteopathy, but thanks to the team that surround me that has changed so much. While it is widely known that we can help with back pain, being a member of the Adjustment League has taught me a lot about how the different parts of the body are connected. Along with how we can help with things such as headaches and foot pain along with back problems.
5. How caring the team is: The team at Aligned Health are amazing. Whether it is supporting each other or our patients, they always go above and beyond. If there is one thing I would like you to take away from this email it is this fact. Please if you have any worries or questions just get in touch and we will do everything we can to help! This is true for when you are in the clinic as well, do not be afraid to ask questions or ask for a cup of tea, this is what we are here for, we are her to help.
As always, if you need to book your next appointment or have any questions, please call a member of our team on 01244 880186 and we will be more than happy to help.